Thursday, August 18, 2011

Warm to Tank

Well, I've been trying to figure out something to create lately. I've been wanting to do a lesson/activity, but haven't been inspired at the moment, so I decided to create something purely for me. After making the awesome treasury of Dachshunds, I have become inspired to try making a Warm/Cool image based on my dog Tank.

Tank the Dog! :)
I haven't completed the image, mostly due to the fact that I only have an hour at night to work on it, but I do have some teaser images so far. I'm debating, if this turns out, to make a bunch of smaller ones and try my hand at selling them on Etsy. I can even do other people's animals... and I have done a person once. We'll have to wait and see how it turns out, but I have high hopes LOL.

Initial Sketch from the Picture
Starting with Blues, I decided to treat the ears and the head separately
Added Greens, the Head tones are slightly warmer than the ear tones.
If you want to create your own image check out my older post Warming to Cool-er, this gives you a bit of info on how to go about doing it. As always you are open to create ANY way you want, using ANY materials you see fit. So have fun and try something new. 

I do REALLY love Collage work, so this is a great way to use collage without having the issue of copyrighted images and finding open source material. I'm hoping this turns out good :). If nothing else at least it'll be an interesting image.

Oh, I'm also entering this image of Tank into the For the Love of Blogs picture Perfect Pet thingy... so go click on the button below and vote for Tank Dog :)




Keep Creating
Angie :)

1 comment: