Saturday, August 20, 2011

Getting Inspired: Spray Paint

So my Warm/Cool Tank project is actually going pretty well, although I haven't been able to touch it in 2 days. (The problems of a new mom lol) But I'm getting inspired for a new Crafty Project and it all started by going through this post on Curbly! They remake a BEAUTIFUL table with a little bit of spray paint and some tacky paper!

Table art from Curbly!
It's very pretty and I know just what I want to remake! Yesterday I had a visit from my mom and she brought up a little baby chair for Violet. Now at 5 months Violet won't be using it any time soon, but I would like to have it done now before she wants to use it (or it won't get done till her daughter needs it LOL). So I've decided a trip to the hardware store today may be in order!

Spray Paint
What I want to do is get some spray paint and sticky tack paper! Now the base colour at the moment for my chair is just an old stain and some small decals on it. It's an OLD chair and really needs a new lease on life. As you may have guessed I'm not really into Antiques in my house. I love looking and scouring antique stores but most of my stuff tends to be more streamline. I've also found online a bunch of neat sites with AWESOME chairs!
This chair is very similar to the base chair I have... so CUTE!

Another craft lady inspiration! I love the little quote idea!
Some neat artsy and functional pieces!
After doing my post on the Art Walls I've been really thinking about decorating Violet's room when we move in May. At the moment we live in a 2 bedroom townhouse with a roommate so she is in our room, but I'm really looking forward to her having her own room. SO I've thought I'd paint the chair and maybe write a verse of a children's book on her wall... I'm thinking of a theme of butterfly's and purple. What do you think?

I'll post the chair and what I do to it when it's finished :)

Keep Creating
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment