Saturday, June 23, 2012

Inspiration

I have finished reading the second chapter in the book and it's about discovering and acknowledging your fears. This will take a little soul searching so I'm not quite ready to discuss that yet. I have, however, decided that I need to set myself a few goals so that I can actually accomplish my journey of self.

1) I need to finally hunker down and set up my art space. In my new house (we rent) I have an amazing loft that I plan on turning into my creative hub... and I actually have to do it. This will take a little time in finding a computer desk, drafting table, and other things that I feel would be helpful in the space, but this in a goal that is necessary to start.

2) START .... I know it sounds funny, but my goal is to START! To start doing SOMETHING. Anything that requires a creative outlet.

3) Find inspiration. There are so many different loves in my life that I need to finally find that spark. In order to do this I've been trying to expose myself to creativity in my own area as well as through other means. I attend a knit and chat night at All Strung Out in Guelph when I can, and I've been trying to expose myself to other creative things in the city.

Last night there was this very interesting city gathering at the new Interactive Fountain in front of City Hall. They started with a band, followed by some spoken word performer and finished with a dance troupe in the fountain.

The band and the spoken word were neat but the most interesting part of it had to be the fountain. They started with 5 dancers who in dance seemed to turn on the fountain and express "joy". The part that I loved the most was once the fountain was turned on they were joined by more and more choreographed dancers of all ages and skill levels. As the water increased so did the number of dancers in the fountain. They ended the night by including spectators in the dance slowly pulling more people till it was just a community dance in the fountain.

Towards the end I decided to try and take a panorama picture with my cell phone. I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed with the quality of the picture.

Dancing in the Water.
This made a few of the audience "well up" but the experience was certainly worth going. I'm looking forward to going to more of these types of events in the future and hopefully bringing the family to more of them too.

May inspiration find you, wherever you may be.
Until next time.
Angie

1 comment:

  1. "This made a few of the audience "well up" "
    Hey, now! Some of us expression our emotions through our eyes! ;-)

    ReplyDelete