Monday, July 2, 2012

Fears, Obstacles and the Chorus of Idiots.

So as I had mentioned before I have finished chapter 2... which is namely about identifying and facing your fears. My issue?? I'm not really afraid of completion or creation. If anything at times I tend to be overconfident and believe that I can create/re-create most art I see....

I understand that there are a lot of reasons to have fears in the creation and the path of art. There are the fears of failure, persistence and rebuttal. But I have never truly feared any of these items. Instead my issues tend to consist of a lack of funding and what I like to call the Chorus of Idiots.

The chorus of idiots is that nagging discussion in the back of your head that seems to enjoy stating the most negative sentiments you can think of. Often they are along the lines of "why bother" and "what's the point" but I have managed to smack and beat the chorus down to a not so subtle mutter most the time. My chorus seldom seems to reflect my commitment or creation of art. Instead it they tend to be more centered around large sentiments that I know I am unable to do anything about.

So I'll keep beating back my chorus, and try to budget my funding within my desires to create. I still need to get my space together. It's just a matter of time... but patience is a virtue... right??

 So I will keep reading on and trying to find time between work, family and my 16 month old to get my art space together. When it finally is successful you will be one of the first to see it. :)

Until next time...
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment