Thursday, July 5, 2012

Creative Community

So I have finished Chapter 3 of the lovely book called Taking Flight... and I have to feel a little proud that I have managed to build a group of friends who are a very strong creative community.

The Book
Chapter 3 was all about finding those who inspire you, are inspired by you and are just inspirational in general. It talks about mentors in art, life and anything else that is exciting and of interest to you.

Here a few blogs by some awesome people that are part of my life:

 by a lovely knitter and artsy friend Sharmie.

 by my amazingly crafty friend Gillian

 
Which is the amazing rambling and discussions by one of my best friends who is talented in Knitting and very much apart of my artistic/ craft community, while still being a mutual foundation for my life.

This is a blog by one of my friends from University, Kelly, and her trials and tribulations to lead a green life while still being a Techy Single Mother.

This is a suitably geeky, yet intellectual blog by my friend Victoria who is a Journalist in Alberta.

Aside from these lovely people's online community and the many other sites that I read daily (or when they post), I have to admit that I have a very strong personal art community as well.

On Thursday's, when I can make it, there is a lovely knitting group at All Strung Out in Guelph. Which consists of women, and a few men, from 18 to 60+. From being part of this community (even though I don't tend to knit more than one thing a year) I have found friends and other creative individuals who have become inspirational to me. Some are professional hobbyists and others manage to make a living at the crafts they love.

So I am sending out a giant thank you to all those who have been part of my life personally and merely in the digital world! And hope that someday everyone will find the community that inspires, and supports them in all aspects of your life.

Until Next Time...
Keep Creating
Angie

3 comments:

  1. Aww, happy to be on the list lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! Maybe I'll come visit your knitting group sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for including me! Yay!

    ReplyDelete